Monday, June 06, 2005

7:00pm From Central - We're 15mins late tonight :(

Here I sit bored shitless as the train crawls somewhere between Blacktown and Penrith.

A blown signal box is the concern and all trains are running on “slow”.

Not wanting to jeopardise safety, but surely something could be done.

In general, this tops a pretty ordinary day.  Work was so-so and I couldn’t get into a rhythm.  The email banter with my friends was on again today as we talked the weekend football results and the announcement of the NSW State of Origin team.  Why they picked Braith Anasta, I will never know.  The guy is a personal icon of disgust for me in what a footballer should be.  Money hungry, big ego, continually abuses referees and seems to think that he has some ordained right not to be tackled.  Next time you watch him play, watch how he will yell at the ref / touch judge whilst he is being held, presumably screaming for a penalty.  I prefer to think that he is crying for his mummy!  Hehe.  I cannot see him stepping up to the plate in the Origin series… he will be overawed and will leave the majority of the playmaking to Trent Barrett, which is exactly what happened in Game 1 with Brett Kimmorley.  I agree in the dumping of Kimmorley, but can I ask which selector’s wife that Orford or Gower must have slept with??

At last we are at Penrith.  Its 8:05pm.  Should be at Glenbrook by now.  grrr!

I have to get my passport renewed.  Its nearly expired and I believe I may be called up to travel for work again soon.  The US will be the destination… projects in our office over there are continuously running late and in general in a poor fashion.  Check out my January 2004 archives for my thoughts on the USA.

I find it ironic that I have the time to dribble to this weblog yet have so little time to do other things… 3hrs a day, plus 10 in the office makes for a significant portion of the day.  Yet when I do have time to do things, I can do nothing but be a slacker… just like this weekend just past.  Did sweet FA.

Sweeet… heading up the mountains now at a good clip… nearly home.

Big Brother Uncut is on tonight… yet to watch much of BB05 at all, but I might check it out to see what the fuss is about.  I don’t watch much TV at all.  The only show I am watching regularly is LOST and the St George match on the weekend.  Everything else passes me by as I prefer to spend time on the PC.

Oh and before I go, the Boys are looking at getting together this weekend coming (which is a long one thanks to our geriatric Queen celebrating another birthday) for a card night.  Should be good…

 

No comments: