Thursday, June 16, 2005

Good Morning, the 7:35am is running approximately 10 mins late.

Well, my car is in the shop still and I am catching the train again this morning for the first time this week, albeit it is Thursday already.  I will get to enjoy the pleasures of peak hour traffic on the way home this afternoon when my car is fixed and I am nearly a grand lighter in the wallet.

 

I guess this is now a good time to vent a few things…

 

Firstly, I am yet to comment on Michael Jackson.  I am not surprised at all that he was found Not Guilty.  “Beyond All Reasonable Doubt” is a very high standard and I guess there was an element of extortion and other elements to it.  My view is that he is guilty and that he is a systemic paedophile, but because the mother of the child in question chose to attempt to weed money from him first and THEN go criminal really blew a hole in the prosecutions case.  So whilst he goes free, I feel really disgusted mostly by the behaviour of the mother.  If my child was in the clutches of a wealthy paedophile, I wouldn’t look for money first, I’d look to put the bastard in jail and then sue him for all he’s got.  But it is America, so its not surprising…

 

State of Origin last night.  Great game!  Great win by New South Wales.  I turned off the tele though immediately after kickoff because I was disgusted by Channel 9’s coverage.  Each time a try was scored they went to a commercial break.  No replay, no assessment of what went wrong or right… just Ray Warren saying “Try to NSW! And we’ll take a quick break”  **cue VB advert**

 

Well I think that’s a horrid way of telecasting sport.  You sit through the build up, the pressure of the game and finally some points and bang, you’re watching an ad for Ray Martin’s A Current Affair.  Shitted me big time.

 

PS - The bloody conductor on this train is the most annoying ever.  He is yelling into the microphone and I can hear him every 5 minutes telling us that if we need to get a train to Newtown we should change at Strathfield.  Issue is that we’re at Penrith at the moment!  If you know the Sydney train network, you’ll know why that’s a dumb piece of information to be giving.  Just shut up and get the train back on time!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: