Friday, July 01, 2005

Great, just great! :(

I just broke my Sony Walkman.  I had it sitting on my laptop with the lid open changing a disc when it slid off my lap and onto the floor with a thud.  They’re hardy little machines these Sony Walkmen but when it hit the ground I heard something crunch.  The lid spring seemed to lose its spring but the lid could still be opened and closed.  However when I put a disc in an hit play, I could hear it doing an unusual crunching/whirring sound and it refused to play.  Eventually it tried to tell me there was No Disc in it… yeah right, you cant bullshit me little Walkman!

So I must move on.  I presume this means I am now in the market for an iPod.  But I am under the impression that it won’t run with Windows 98, which is what I run with at home.  I know, my O/S is archaic, but what can I do?  I run a PIII 1000MHz with 256MB of RAM with a 20GB hard drive.  How can I upgrade to Windows XP?   I will have to suss out my mate Ray Siebs and see if he can help me out.  If you need software, Ray Siebs is the man to talk to.

(/me touches my nose knowingly)

So today has gotten off to a bad start.  I thought it was going to be a lot worse though when I got to Glenbrook station.  I was greeted with Bill the Station Man spruiking into the PA system “Attention Ladies and Gentlemen.  Due to circumstances beyond our control, the 7:10am train to Central is reported to be running 2 minutes late”.  You’re kidding, 2 minutes late and they announce it!  Some mornings it’ll be 10mins late and they won’t say boo.  That Bill certainly is a joker…

The weekend ahead looks promising as the weather seems to be clearing.  My girls’ dance concert was supposed to be on Sunday but has been postponed until the 24th due to the venue being flooded.  On one hand, I am happy to have a free Sunday, but as Niki said, it would have been better to get it over and done with.

 

1 comment:

Goreon said...

You can run windows 2000 with that spec machine mate, and that should solve your problems.

I guess this means that this sunday you're going to be free to play a little FUMBBL eh?

;)