Thursday, July 07, 2005

Here I sit quietly fuming...

My train is due in at Central at 8:16am.  Routinely it runs 10 minutes late, but it is now currently 8:00am and I am yet to reach Parramatta.  I still have 30 kms to travel and unless this train turns into the Millennium Falcon and uses lightspeed I don’t think we will be on time.

Considering that I left the house late this morning and travelled down to Emu Plains to catch up with the train there and then waited an eternity in the cold, I am feeling a little ticked off.  I have read the entire newspaper cover to cover and am only half way through my journey.

I can understand the occasional stuff up, but this is a joke.  Every fucking day!

/rant off

I actually bought the paper today because I was at Emu Plains station and they have a newsagent on the platform so convenience was there, but my main reason was because of last nights great win by NSW in the State of Origin series.  32-0 after 60 minutes!  In Queensland, on their home turf in a decider!  That to me is a scoreline that is staggering but I know why it happened.  If you are a QLD fan, the reason why you lost is because of one Michael Crocker.  This guy has taken the mantle as the biggest grub in rugby league.  There are some QLD forwards I hate with a passion and I cannot stand guys like Carl Webb or Brad (Choice Bro) Thorn or Dane Carlaw.  But those guys who play hard are generally clean players.  Even Carl Webb, who we all loved to hate after Game 1 really wasn’t that bad.  He ruffled Luke Bailey and we didn’t like it but he wasn’t a cheap shot merchant.

Michael Crocker though is.  I cant stand this bloke.  For the Roosters, he is the biggest niggling pain in the arse player around, but in the 3 Origin games, he has taken his cheap grubby play and raised it to new heights.

Well he cost QLD the game.  He tried to put cheap high shots and elbows and knees in the tackles and seemed more focused on “taking out” NSW players, particularly Johns when in reality all he was doing was a) revving up NSW, again particularly Johns and b) costing them yardage by forgetting about the football.

Case in point, QLD running it out from their own quarter.  Crocker takes a hit up and basically turns square to run across the line to find Johns.  Yardage gained was virtually zero, Johns who was not worried (Crocker is hardly the biggest player in the game) and puts a shoulder charge on and sends Crocker flying.  Net result, Ryles, Bailey, Kennedy and co are ready and waiting for the next hapless forward, inspired by a Johns hit, and all because Crocker wanted to take the game to the worlds best player and “intimidate” him.

Well sorry Crocker, you’re a tool!

And how many times was he 3rd man in a tackle and last one up?  How many times did he use elbows and knees on a prone player?  He did so many cheap shots, it did nothing more than fire up NSW.

And it was so sweet that when NSW raced in their bazillionth try, it was Crocker who was the culprit in the defensive line that let Anasta sail right by.

Anyway, I am rambling… Crocker is a TOOL :-)

Still on footy, big grudge match this Friday night when my team, the Dragons take on the Eels (the team of choice for most of my mates) at Parramatta Stadium.  I will be going with said mates and be outnumbered in support by 8 to 1, but it will be good to get out and see a game with the boys!  Saints by 8!

 

1 comment:

Goreon said...

GO THE EELS!

:)