Thursday, July 28, 2005

No Post Today...

Met an old work colleague on the train this morning and hence I didn’t get my time to peacefully rant at the world from the warmth of carriage #8 today.

Am very busy at the office at the moment, but I can sum up some of the issues running at the moment:

·          Kate is still sick and is off school again today.  She is improving and we ‘think’ she will be back tomorrow.  Scary thing is she was given homework to be done by her teacher that was delivered to us by another kids mum.  Christ, you miss 4 days of kindergarten and they are worried about the backlog of work!  When I was a boy (insert old man voice) kindergarten was all finger painting and vegemite sandwiches…

·          A long term stint in Los Angeles is unlikely, but a short (3-6mth) “may” occur depending how things work out.  My boss is getting a bigger role and hence my role will get bigger here in Sydney.  This is all good and exciting but its not like I am not busy already.

·          The Ants are digging away mercilessly and have made progress on 3 separate tunnels and they did a 4th one on their own (the other three were holes I made for them).  The funny thing is they dig down and then do a 180 and head back to the surface and hence don’t seem to be digging across to link up.  I will post piccies when I get the chance.  All 20 ants are accounted for and no deaths have been recorded in “the Colony”.

·          The Guinea Pigs are just that – PIGS! They are eating us out of apples and broccoli.  Not that I care for broccoli myself, but they are little gutses.  Zoe the Wonder Dog is incredibly jealous.

·          We are hosting a BBQ for our good friends on the weekend… lots of kids, beers, snags and laughs.  I am really looking forward to it!  No reason, just a few drinks with friends.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't recall getting an invite to the "good friends" BBQ. At least I know where I stand. :-)

Clay said...

LOL!

Well i aint seen no invite to the Coach_Lo BBQ yet either :P

This weekend is the old school boys crowd where we get together and talk about the old days and how we still have it despite our knees failing to hold up our collective guts...