Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wednesday Morning... late but happy

Been a good week to date so far, but I didn’t get to bed last night until after 1am so I have taken the opportunity to get a later train today.  The 7:38 stops at a lot more stations and I won’t get to my desk until around 9:30, but the extra half hour sleep helps dramatically IMHO.

I say its been a good week because firstly, its short.  A four day week because I am having Friday off is always a good start.  Also, got my table top game in last night and whilst I got absolutely trounced 4-1, I had a good chat to Doubleskulls and he certainly showed me the light in the way of how good an Amazon blood bowl team can be.  I am going to experiment with an Amazon team on fumbbl asap.

What is even better though, but the source of my lack of sleep, is that Australia beat England in the 3 game one day series and did it in emphatic style.  The only times in the many games to date that England have troubled Australia is when they have an advantage with the pitch and the conditions.  A couple of games Australia has batted first and then found themselves in a bit of trouble because of the moisture in the pitch and that is the only time England has won.  However, these last two games were played on good batting pitches and England has been found wanting in both games.

I have also had a couple of new CD’s to listen to the past few days.  Firstly, I bought the new White Stripes album and it’s a bit hit and miss.  A great opening track isn’t followed up strongly enough and it does get a bit lost on me in the back end of the album…  Rating??  Need a system I guess… I will award up to 5 points for the music in general and up to 5 points in value (price, duration, etc).

For the White Stripes, I give a 3/5 for music and a 3/5 for value as it isn’t the longest album out there.  6 out of 10. 

Also, Dad bought me on a whim on the weekend the self titled Blackmountain CD.  After a couple of listens, it is very good.  4/5 for music, but it is very short.  Only 35mins or so and 8 tracks – seems closer to an EP to an album so 2/5.  That’s another 6/10…

 

 

No comments: