Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend Wrap...

Had a pretty full weekend this weekend which was typical as I had a pretty hectic week before that.  Friday night I went to the Footy to see Saints v Parramatta at Parra Stadium.  A very good game up until the 60th minute.  Saints had led 10-0, then Parra had come back to 10-10 at half time and then each team swapped an early second half try when “it” happened.  I will let you all read the newspapers, but Trent Barrett had a bit of a stink with Parra’s PJ Marsh which in all fairness can happen and does from time to time.  What was unforgiveable to me was that EVERY Saints player bar Luke Bailey went to the fight and forgot the ball.  Never seen it before!  Bailey chased the kick, the Parra fullback picks it up and sails past him (he is a front rower) and when Bailey looks for his defensive support, there is none!  From there the game was a procession…

Good night though, always good to go to the football, but can Parramatta management let your fans cheer for their team on their own without piping in via a soundtrack fake chanting!  It’s the most annoying thing I have ever heard at the football.  Even the Parra fans in my vicinity were asking for the tape to snap!

Saturday saw “The Long Walk” (see post below) and Sunday we had lunch with my Mum & Dad.  Now apparently Mum & Dad are big readers of Lime Kettles but got a bit miffed when in one of my prior Weekend Wrap posts I said I “had a quiet weekend and did not much” yet had gone out for dinner with them…. They (Dad?) were a bit upset they “didn’t make the grade” of newsworthiness on this otherwise non-newsworthy site.

Yesterday we went to Caesars in the Italian Forum at Leichhardt and had a very good meal of Pasta, Pizza and Tiramisu with Coffees.  The kids had the traditional Italian pizza of “La Hawaiian” and we had one pizza with Chorizo sausage and one with Prosciutto and olives.  My entrée was the best imho and I had penne pasta with prawns, snow peas, sun dried tomatoes and a creamy cheese sauce.  So thanks for lunch Mum & Dad!  And for my avid readers, Caesars is a great little place.

Sunday night saw our friends Julie & Con and kids Jesse, Hannah and Shannon and Monique & Sean with their 18mth old son Tyler for Julies birthday.  So after a big lunch, there’s no better way to unwind than a BBQ dinner with all the trimmings.  Lamb steaks, beef and Italian sausages, and Monique brought around her chicken marinated in a Green Curry sauce.  Add potato salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, warm bread rolls followed by deserts of Caramel Mudcake or Sticky Date Pudding with ice cream plus a few bottles of wine… I was well and truly stuffed.  To be honest, I didn’t eat hardly anything because of lunch… so there’s plenty of left overs for dinner this week.

The week ahead is a short one as Niki and I go away on Friday for a weekend to belatedly celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.  We are both really looking forward to it!

No comments: