Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Eucalyptus Bowl

I have committed myself to playing in the Eucalyptus Bowl blood bowl tournament on Saturday 3 September… it’s a full weekend tournament, but I can only go on the Saturday, so I am splitting a ticket with another player who can only play the Sunday.  Because of this, and that we don’t want one player taking the Sunday glory after the hard slog on the Saturday, we’re playing Halflings.  Destined to get walloped every game, the little buggers will be giving their all… I have dubbed the team already the “Eucalyptus Drops”.

But to play table top blood bowl, you need miniatures… and last night I dug out 16 little Halfling miniatures and I will attempt to paint them up by the 3rd.  Half of them are already shoddily painted in enamel paint and therefore I need to strip them back first… Acetone is the tip apparently so I will be delving into Niki’s hand bag to find some nail polish remover…  I haven’t painted any miniatures in about 3yrs so we will see if I have the touch.

The other thing about Halflings is that they use Treemen and I don’t have any Treemen miniatures.  My choices are my ogres and trolls I have, blocks of balsa wood or I beg borrow or steal.  My Sunday partner has suggested using some Star Wars RPG figures he has – Wookies for treemen and Ewoks for flings.  They will do in a pinch, but I would prefer to use proper figures.

I did put on a lame bid for a pre-painted treeman on eBay last night, but I don’t expect to win it…and even then I need another one or two if I take Deeproot Strongbranch, the Star Player Treeman.

I am thinking my roster will be as follows (TR110 allowed):

#

Position

MA

ST

AG

AV

Skills

Total Cost

11

Halflings

5

2

3

6

Right stuff, dodge, stunty

330,000

2

Treemen

2

6

1

10

Mighty blow, stand firm, throw team mate, thick skull, take root

220,000

1

Deeproot Strongbranch

2

7

1

10

Star Player, mighty blow, stand firm, throw team mate, thick skull, block

180,000

1

Halfling Chef

 

 

 

 

 

0

1

Halfling Chef Extra Ingredients

 

 

 

 

 

90,000

4

Fan Factor

 

 

 

 

 

40,000

4

Re Rolls

 

 

 

 

 

240,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOTAL:

1,100,000

All in all, I think this team will win the odd game, but I am really only playing for a bit of a laugh…

 

1 comment:

Chunky said...

Great blog. If you click this link here, you will get 17 different popups advertising penis pills, deoderant, and an old piece of toast available for only $20 on eBay!