Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend Wrap

Drove in this morning and hence my post comes to you this morning from my desk and not the trains… I drove in today because I am off to Mr Tommy Dean’s house tonight for some dinner and merriment and to meet fellow fumbbler and friend of Tommy’s Coach_Lo from Arizona. Should be good!

The Weekend for me was quiet but functional. Did the groceries, went to the doctors for a check up, had my dry cleaning done… all very boring. Friday night I watched my beloved Dragons beat the Cowboys in Townsville to keep themselves on track for the Telstra Premiership. At the moment, the Dragons are the form team of the competition and are getting A LOT of press singing their praises. This worries me because there is still 3 – 4 games to go before the semi’s and we have a bye as well which could derail the momentum… but still, even I concede that this ‘could’ be our year.

Saturday was very quiet as well and spent the evening watching a movie and the cricket… and Sunday was a birthday party for the girls and we were babysitting some friends kids, so we didn’t get up to much…

But last night, I sat glued to the box as Australia went down by 2 measly runs in the 2nd Ashes Test

A great match, a brave result that saw us lose a match we should never have won, but didn’t (if that makes sense). I think justice was served, because Australia batted like limp lettuce and we sent the Poms in on a belter… but still, what could have been!! Sets up a cracker for Thursday with the 3rd Test…

2 comments:

Chunky said...

w00t! I'm looking forward to tonight at Tommys Clay - its going to be tops!

Goreon said...

What a letdown in the cricket! I was crying into my blog on that matter as well... how cruel fate can be at times!