Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A hot shitty day

I can't believe my work today... at about 1:30 today, the air con ceased to function. I sit by the window and have a weezy vent above me and the sound it makes all day dims into background noise that you don't notice until it stops... suddenly...



It wasnt hot today, but it never came back on at all and come 6pm tonight when I left the office, it was rather "funky" in the office. One of the girls in the team is 8.999 months pregnant and she was feeling rather feint and quesy this afternoon.



About 4pm, an email came out from the facilities guy saying that there was an electrical trip and that A/C wouldnt be on until the morning...



Then I heard a little rumour that they have actually shut the A/C down for maintenance deliberately and because they wanted to skimp on money, they did it during the day rather than pay penalty rates for night work. Given I work in a 24 story building there would have been about 1200 pissed off people today.



My company doesnt own the building, but we are the principal tenant and the owner of the building believe it or not is a filthy rich Singaporean widower who is as tight as a fishes arsehole. Hence the credence to the rumour...



To top a perfect day, my carriage was cut down to 4 carriages and whilst I got a seat, it was cramped. Then when the passengers slowly filtered off and free seats became available the guy sitting next to me didnt get up and give us some room. He was also one of those arm rest hogs. I was up against the window and the Blue Mountain trains have armrests like movie theatres do... protocol is that the middle rest belongs to the guy in the window seat while the aisle rest belongs to the guy on the aisle - sounds reasonable. Well this guy was a "I'm entitled to both arm rests" kinda guy. Well I was punching away on the laptop and found my arm hanging on the keyboard in desperate need of a rest and he's reading his New Christian Daily newspaper sprawled out across both rests.



*SHOVE* I go... and get momentary relief. Then when I am mid typing and hence elbow leaves the rest he sticks his elbow back on the rest.



The arsehole - good christian type too! - plays this silly game all the way to Lapstone where he got off. He could have moved at Blacktown and by the time he did get off, I was ready to bloody hit him.



So hot, tired and sweaty from the office and a cramped train i got home... Niki offers me a beer instead of my usual mineral water and the treadmill fades away for the evening as I watch the NFL on Fox.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it ended nicely... :) Beer and football ain't a bad way to go at all. You should see the born again Christians in Southern California, same primate behavior, just with cars on busy freeways. Try to fart on him as you change seats or something if it happens again. :P

Goreon said...

I had a similar situation yesterday on my interurban on the Richmond line. It's generally busier there with the combo of reduced services and the high cost of fuel - which is understandable - what pisses me off is the business arseholes in those fat empty suits who think their arse is a size 6 instead of the size 30 it really is and they try to squeeze into spaces they cannot possibly fit and leave those around them still comfortable. I was on the aisle seat and another bloke on the window of the standard bench 3 seater and this fuck dumb prick shoves his stupid arse inbetween us. The bloke against the window went off at him, but the fuckwit refused to move. Fat inconsiderate prick.

Then even worse, yesterday on the way home I had a similar situation (as the trains definitely ARE busier now) and then female with an arse that is registered in two timezones decides to pull the same trick - except this one smells like 7 year old toe jam. I swear as she squeezed the lard past me I was going to puke!

I lasted all of 2 minutes before I vacated the seat...

I swear, the fucking travelling public are god damn arrogant pigs! WASH ffs and be mindful of others ya f'n sons of bitches!

As for the religious zealots in our society, I also admit that I find them completely full of shit. Kinda like those people who live out near me with the 2 story McMansion and the 4WD in the driveway... and the obligatory plaque of Jesus or the virgin mary by the doorway.

How easy it is to be religious when life is sooo good eh?

hypocrites.