Friday, November 11, 2005

Weekend!

Been a hectic week and I am pleased to add that I finished reading my book and hence will now return to taking my laptop on the train and hence being able to craft posts that are a bit better thought out.

On top of this, I am pretty drained of having nothing but Terror on this weeks postings… Hopefully the weekend will bring better things to write about.

Like perhaps Australia winning the soccer this Sunday against Uruguay.  God I hope we win this game!  If a country needs some luck and a seat at the table for the World Cup, its us.  Sure I am Australian and hence biased, but seriously we need to get there.

A lot of criticism was made of the sacking of Frank Farina, but I think we are in better shape now going into this match than what we would have been under Farina.  You can sense this from the fact we have had 5 days of training camp shots from Argentina whereas last time 4yrs ago we flew everyone into Argentina, and rushed into Uruguay and got slaughtered.  I think having the first leg away over there also makes this more evident as it is our team building the siege mentality of having to play away first.  Fingers crossed!

Cricket for me this weekend though looks to be a battle.  I missed the last match and don’t think I mentioned much of our humiliating day in the field last week when we conceded 5/302.  It’s the 2nd biggest run chase I have been in (the largest being 308 in a Grand Final some years ago!) and the secret is to not lose early wickets.  Given I am opening the batting, then I guess that falls to me.  With a sunny day forecast, I am confident we can make a fair showing.

 

No comments: