Monday, December 12, 2005

Birthday Wrap :-)

OK, I could go on more about the Cronulla riots, but that will spoil my mood for the moment…

Instead, I want to go over my birthday weekend… just ‘coz I can!

Friday night had dinner at home with Niki and the girls with a chilli stir fry and rice followed by Chocolate Sauce Pudding for desert.  Had a walk around the neighbourhood at the Christmas lights and the girls didn’t get to bed until very late as a result.  Apart from my Blood Bowl pitch I got a few weeks back as my main present, I got a CD from each of the girls – the new Pete Murray album and Bernard Fanning’s solo album.  Both are quite good.

Saturday was my actual birthday and had a quiet day as the girls had dancing.  I saw my friends Baa & Linda’s new baby Chloe who was born last Thursday and caught up with them.  Went to the shops and perused the book stores and the Tin Soldier Gaming store (some people were playing Blood Bowl in there and I may join their league next season) before picking up Brooke who had finished her dance rehearsal.

We spent a quiet afternoon together as she was tired and watched a Barbie DVD whilst I tooled around on the computer.

Saturday night was dinner with Mum and Dad who gave me a $200 voucher at Games Workshop and a Tips & Hints book for Do It Yourself handy man stuff… I do like to do the odd job, but I am in no means a “handy man” and the bigger jobs put me off.  For example, my pergola at home needs replacing and my only solution in my mind is to spend a lot of money getting it done by a builder.  This book though does go through how you can do it yourself… at clearly a far cheaper cost.  We’ll see how it goes ;-).

We had dinner with Mum & Dad at Milsons at Milsons Point and it was very nice.  Drank a bit too much wine (not that that worries me!) and the food was very good.  Entrée for me was Tuna and Blue Swimmer Crab cannelloni and main was a Rib Eye Steak and Béarnaise sauce.  Desert was a chocolate torte thing with espresso ice cream… very rich and very good!

Sunday was Dress Rehearsal day and I was free to my own devices for the main part of the day, so I gave my half (quarter?) painted Dwarf team a run at my mate Tommy’s.  A bit of a dry run before the January CanCon.  The team did OK, the game (vs High Elves) was a 1-1 draw, but I should have done better in the back end of the first half.  I went with a standard lineup (2 Slayers, 2 Blitzers, 2 Runners) and a 7 Fan Factor.  It’s a balancing act as to whether Fan Factor is important over a 7 game tournament… I think it will be, but it means I wont be able to afford Grim Ironjaw who is the Dwarf Star Player.  I will tinker with this line up some more...

After Tommy’s, I went to my sister in laws Lynn for another birthday dinner of chicken and salads and I got a birthday cake which the girls helped me blow out.  They put a 21 candle on it and said that I can read it as 21 and turn the cake around and read it as 12, add it together and it makes 33!  Very funny… hah hah… The girls though were very tired after rehearsals and they also had a swim in the pool so come 8:30, they were knackered.  And so was I…

 

No comments: