Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Weeeee! Internode is ON!

Switched to Internode today with minimal of fuss. Seems as though my
old Telstra modem can handle the upgrade but I need to get an ethernet
card / ethernet cable connection... I think (??) I only connect by USB.
I may be wrong, but if it is true, then Internode will have problems
giving me advice as I am using "unsupported hardware". But that is for
another day as I am now on a 1500MBps plan with 10Gb of download
available all for the same price as my old 512K 500MB Telstra plan...

Have already signed up to LimeWire Basic and downloaded a bunch of
songs. Old Cure stuff... some Smiths, a Radiohead / Pixies combo
bootleg from a radio show done somewhere. Very cool indeed. (I seem
like such a n00b again)

I also this week bought a new monitor this week because my ViewSonic CRT
is getting a buzzing sound and is on the way out. Bought it online and
paid for 2 day postage (which was standard) but have only realised today
(because it didnt come today) that anything bought after 23 Dec will not
be posted until at least 9 January!! Yee Gods!! My new toy is another
2 weeks away! :-(

For the record, I stuck with Viewsonic and bought a VX724
monitor... I just hope my old CRT doesnt give up the ghost in the next 2
weeks. I am turning it off when I am not using it - I dont know if that
makes it more likely or not to fail...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geek!!!!!

Clay said...

Thanks mate ;-)

Now I know you're ready blogs in the holidays... who's the geek now! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Are you out sourcing your replies to Enoch in the holidays?

Clay said...

What a great idea!

The man needs a few extra bucks now that HSBC have slashed the interest rate on their home loans... bonus time looks pretty skinny!