Sunday, December 18, 2005

Xmas Comes A Week Early



Due to my mum & dad flying to the Gold Coast for Xmas this year, we decided to get together a week early for the rest of the family to celebrate.



Seemed odd having a Christmas lunch with all the trimmings but it was good to see my Uncle Scott, my Pop and my cousin Hayley and her boyfriend Ray. My family has never been one to get together enmasse regularly but we seem to pick up with the same bad jokes and laughs which is good.



There was way too much food, a lot of beer and wine was drunk, presents were handed out and the kids got excited and after everyone had left bar Mum & Dad; Dad and I fell asleep in front of the cricket... pretty much a traditional Aussie Xmas!



I have also opened up the Xmas Ham early and it now sits in the fridge in the wet tea towel / pillow case and I have now commenced my annual pilgrimige (sp?) to eat the whole ham. Ham sandwiches, ham on toast, ham on its own... mmmmm!

No comments: