Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Eve - Pina Colada Remix

Well, NYE was better than I thought. We had an eclectic guest list that meant that everyone there new "of" each other, but no one really new the other people... strange, but it actually turned out quite good.



For example, my parents were there who know my best mate Noyz but other than the occaisional g'day at cricket, don't know each other... then Niki's girlfriends Julie and Teena and their respective husbands Con and Paul who had never met either. None of whom new my parents or Noyz and his wife Rachel but they new "of them".



So what I thought could have been a disaster was actually pretty good. The weather was stinking hot so apart from a few prawns out under the back pergola for the first few hours, we spent the bulk of the evening inside in the A/C.



Add in all the kids (10?) and there was a fair crowd gathered. 9pm fireworks came very quickly and I spent a fair whack of the time on the BBQ cooking (which I enjoy) and was still cooking when the first crackers went off.



The kids wound down after that in front of some DVD's and the adults got pretty drunk.



I drank way too much, including some Pina Colada's that were made up and I ended up passing out in front of Noyz, Rachel and Niki at about 3am.



Everyone stayed until midnight, but Julie & Con made a mad dash after the main fireworks as they had a taxi booked at 5:30am for the airport to go to Perth for holidays... I bet they are rat shit.



The night got fairly blurry after midnight and the second Pina Colada, but a good night was had by all.



Today has been a "quiet day"... hehe. Posted by Picasa

Photo: Kate enjoying a NYE Sparkler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS...