Monday, January 16, 2006

Well, here we go...

Day 1 of the new working year today and I am on the train once again Dear Reader ready to bring you the cutting issues of 2006.  Issues such as train timetables, conks on the train, passenger etiquette and the like will be covered intensely with other commentary on such issues as World Politics and Peace to be intermingled on occasion.  At the moment though, I have nothing really as I have been living in a vacuum at home these past 3 weeks with nothing but my wife, kids and hobbies to keep me occupied and as such, I am bereft of anything news worthy.

The only news I have really caught these holidays was this morning in the car on the way to the station with an admission by “two of Australia’s leading super market chains” (um, who could that be?) that they engaging in the practice of “gassing their meat” and that the rump steak you buy “Freshly Plastic Sealed” could in fact be up to 4 weeks old!  Yee Gods!  Aren’t you glad I am here to bring you this stuff?

Anyways, I am sure I will have more to say about things as the days progress, but for now that’s about it…

No comments: