Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend Wrap

A strange weekend this one with not much planned and yet I feel pretty worn out today.  Perhaps that’s because I am on a slow train from Penrith after putting my car in to be fixed at Holden.

Basically I did the yard clean up thing on Saturday morning with the grass about a foot high in length after leaving it unattended for about 3 weeks.  I was away at Canberra and then broke my toe last weekend so I was able to finally get out there on Saturday morning and churn through it with the trusty mower.  Also the various hedges and trees needed trimming and I did that as well.

Then it was off to cricket in which I wasn’t actually playing (because of my toe) and was sitting on the sideline cheering the guys on.  We were defending 208 against the #1 side in the comp and we well on top having them about 6/130 odd but then they needed only 17 with 3 wickets in hand.  Then it was 6 to win with 1 wicket in hand before we managed a run out to end the game and seal the win.  That should give us 2nd place now and by rights a rematch against that team in the Grand Final if all goes to plan.

Sunday was more odd jobs in the morning with a finish up of the yard and then fixed little Brooke’s bed with a couple of well placed screws.  Then it was a joint afternoon tea for my sister in law and mother in laws birthdays.  Kids swam outside, the womenfolk sat outside while the men folk sat inside watching the cricket – very typically Australian.

Then it was home, dinner and not much else, although I played two games of Blood Bowl on fumbbl and lost both…

One thing I did do though was buy some headphones for my laptop so I will be able to listen to music on CD whilst I type away at this blog for instance.  Coupled with my new Internode broadband and my new appreciation for downloading music via BitTorrent I will have plenty of new CD’s to listen to.  Today, I am listening to a compilation of about 12 Midnight Oil albums (116 songs!) compressed into a single CD.  Fantastic!

No comments: