Tuesday, April 25, 2006

ANZAC Day

Today was ANZAC Day and we all got up at 5:15 this morning and headed out to Dawn Service.  This was the first time all of us had gone to Dawn Service and it was much larger than when I last went (say 6 years ago!).  Niki goes every year, but I have always used the excuse that I had to look after the baby (first Kate, then Brooke) and have stayed at home and in bed.

This year we all went.  Kate lept out of bed and into her jeans and jumper, but little Brooke was a bit slower getting ready. We got there though on time at about 5:45am and the place was packed.  The service is held at the memorial out the front of the Glenbrook Bowling Club and the crowd was 10 deep along and around the carpark.  I would say there was about 400 people there.

After the ceremony we pretty much headed straight home and we all dozed a bit until it was time for Niki to take the girls to the Anzac Day parade in Glenbrook.  Kate wants to march next year and will probably do so as a contingent of kids from every school in the area does it.  I stayed at home and spent the day replacing the taps in the bathroom.  Not the wash, not the spindle, but the whole tap set in the vanity.  I am happy to report that it all went well.

The afternoon was spent watching Saints win the ANZAC Day match against the Roosters.  God I hate the Roosters!  "Oh woe is me!  We have so many injuries!"  I bet the Roosters are glad they have shelled out so much cash for Braith Anasta... that guy is useless!

Tomorrow is a work day and I have business to attend to in Brisbane on Thursday and am flying up Wednesday night.  I am staying at my Nan's on the Gold Coast and will drive to Brisbane as I dont have to be at the meeting until lunch time.  Nan though apparently has had a bit of a turn over the weekend and 'may' have had a mild heart attack.. she will be having tests tomorrow before I get there, so I will know more tomorrow.

I fly home Thursday night from Brisbane airport and wont be home until very late... at least though the day after is Friday and it will be the weekend again!  Gotta luv 3 day working weeks... should be more of 'em!

PS - won another Shadowforge blood bowl team for coming second at Leviathan.  Can email them with my choice... I am thinking the Nun Gridiron Team.  I have the Elves already... the Nuns will make a good Amazon team!

PPS - have painted 4 of the above mentioned elves... pics soon.

No comments: