Sunday, April 30, 2006

Weird Night

Weekend has been good, but I just had to document my night tonight on the gaming front...

Firstly, I got my Blood Bowl board out and gave my girls a game.  Firstly, Brooke was interested, but being just 5yrs old her attention span waned and she wandered off after 15mins.  She liked the dice and moving pieces, but only for so much.

Then when Kate got home from her Nannies, she asked to play.  I told her the rules and she got into it pretty easily.  She played Orcs vs my humans and won the toss and elected to receive.  She then bashed my team to oblivion and with 2 turns left in the first half, she led 1-0.  3 casualties and I was decimated.

I scored to tie it at half time in just two turns, and then I showed her where she went wrong (she set her pieces on only one side of the field).  She then said "Daddy, dont help me so much this time" and I said OK.

She then proceeded to beat me handsomely with her doing 6 casualties in all (we only had 12 players each) and with only 5-6 players on the field at any time, she destroyed me.  Sure I helped her with suggestions here and there, but she really got a good grip of the rules and used her Black Orcs effectively.  She put them on the front line, she had her blitzers wide and her thrower deep as a full back. Amazing stuff from a near 7 year old.

In the end, she won 3-1.

Then to relieve my stress of getting done by a 6yr old, I went online and played my fave team Mr Whippy's Donut Boys.  I won again, but lost one of the two famous treemen who have played in this team since early 2003.  Nearly 3 years of playing and this treeman finally died.

I have had a bad night... maybe its time to goto bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm yet to be beaten by my kids yet! But I'm looking forward to the day it happens.

dc