Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Coffee, Curry & Dancing

No post yesterday as I was off work.  So as a bit of a catch up, there isn’t a lot to add.  Saturday was a very relaxing day with both the girls having birthday parties to attend in the afternoon and therefore Niki and I were able to go out for a coffee.  We ended up at Mash in Glenbrook and had a piece of cake which was good but the coffee was a bit below par.  They’re an “organic” café and everything is “organic” (whatever that means) and hence I think the coffee beans were probably a bit odd to what I normally have.  The cake was good though – I had a piece of caramel cheesecake and Niki had a raspberry crumble thing.

Glenbrook Village though has really become the coffee / café place of the mountains with a number of new places opening up and old ones being renovated.  If you’re travelling through the mountains, I’d recommend stopping for a coffee at Glenbrook.

Sunday was spent at our friends Monique & Sean’s new daughter Mya’s baptism at St Finbar’s at Glenbrook.  Kate had dancing practice though so it was just Brooke and I that went to the service and that was good.  We then went back to Monique & Sean’s for lunch and it was fantastic as they put on a big spread of home made curries.  Not your traditional “Aussie fare” but it was really good in the warm winter sun.

Then yesterday, I was off with a sore throat / bad back and had barely slept the night before so when the alarm went off I was in no shape to go out in the cold.  By the afternoon though I was feeling better and managed to get to pick Kate up from dancing.

Speaking of dancing, Kate’s first ballet exam is on today.  She is very excited and was up at the crack of dawn today bouncing around full of beans.  They’re pretty full on these ballet people.  Kate will do the exam in front of two judges and will be video taped and then the tape gets sent away to the US for grading.  I don’t know why the US, as you’d think the French or someone would be the world judging body for ballet, but that’s the way it is and Kate wont know if she’s passed for about 6 weeks.  The exam is on today at 9:30ish so hopefully I hear that she did well.

Listening:  The Cure “Japanese Whispers”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go the Cure!!

I recently d/l the entire discography, 2.6 GB!!!

dc

Clay said...

As did I!

Massive collection... I took out of the download the albums I already had and it was still 1.8GB