Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Kickin' Back

For the second time in a row, I woke up late and have had to catch the train from Emu Plains.  I went to bed comparatively early last night (11pm) and tried to wake up early to go for a walk, but the snooze kept snoozing, and then I got up, checked my emails (why do I do this first thing in the AM?) and before I knew it, I was running 10mins late.

The train is packed this morning too.  I think this is because school has gone back.  Yesterday was fine, but that was because it was “Pupil Free Day” which I am sure is put to good use, but surely the teachers could have come in last Friday and not take up one of the days that are supposed to be educating my kids.  So today, with the kids across Sydney back to school, its time for the adults to get back into the trains… Two people are standing in my carriage, the last of an 8 car set.  The trains cant get any longer, so I don’t know what the solution will be over the next decade.  If people have to stand from Emu Plains, some 80km out of the city, then we are in for a world of hurt in regards to public transport in the near future.

On the work front things are comparatively quiet compared to before Easter and I am not getting too worked up about things.  I am busy, but its more of a calm pace busy where I seemingly have things under control… no 2am work days on the horizon thank god.  Things will get hectic in June / July through to August, so I am enjoying the slower pace at the moment.

No comments: