Monday, May 08, 2006

Late Late Late

Overslept and missed the 7:08am then was running late and missed the 7:37am so I am now sitting on the 7:52am train with all the school kids… I wont be in the office until 9:30, but I don’t have any morning appointments so no big deal.

As I usually do on Monday’s, I give a bit of a weekend wrap.

Saturday I had the funny experience of going to the doctors for a check up and my GP was sick.  He was still there, but he had to leave the room twice to I presume hurl during my appointment.  He took some blood (for the dreaded cholesterol test) and when he took the needle out, he asked me to hold the little swab against the needle mark and then excused himself to rush to the bathroom.  Classic.  When I left it was me saying he should take it easy and perhaps see a Doctor (guffaw! guffaw!)

Then it was on to Dad’s 55th birthday lunch at the Italian Forum in Leichhardt.  It was a good lunch with way too much pasta and then pizza.  Its good for kids though and the girls had a great time as well running around the forum and meeting kids of other restaurants.  By the time we got home it was 5:30 and we skipped dinner.

Sunday was a designated lazy day and I am glad that it was.  Niki took Kate to the shops and to help out her mum a bit so I had Brooke for the morning.  We took Zoe the Dog and did a bush walk and we were gone for an hour and made it all the way to Lennox Bridge at Mitchell’s Pass.  Brooke is a real power walker in the bush and grabbed a couple of sticks and marched through the bush with no complaints.  We climbed down the steep stair case under the bridge and mucked around there before we headed back.

In the afternoon, I was playing with the kids out the back and then started to feel really off colour.  The first thing I thought of was that I got the Doctors bug, and I spent most of Sunday arvo on the lounge watching football… what a shame.

I went on a bit of a nostalgia kick and scoured my old PC games and was looking for something to install on  my laptop to play on the train (other than blogging).  I found Ice Wind Dale II and am going to give it a burl now… cant remember how old it is, but it’s a Forgotten Realms role playing game… I am glad work gives us plebs admin rights on our laptops.

Anyways I am off to play a computer game amongst the kiddies…

1 comment:

Chunky said...

I am surprised doctors don't get sick more often considering they spend their whole day around sick people.