Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Its the End of the World As We Know It...

6/6/06.  Number of the Beast; End of the World; Armageddon… Well apart from a cold in which my throat is very sore, a developing tooth ache, a realisation with the downpouring of rain that my left shoe has a hole in it and the fact that I need to spend a wad of cash on a whole new work wardrobe (suits, shirts and ties), well I feel fine.

TripleM radio aptly played this morning “It’s the End of the World and I Feel Fine” by REM and you have to laugh at the doom and gloom merchants (read religious types) who think today is a significant day.

Well guess what Zealots, today is Tuesday and we’re all going to work and today will be no different than yesterday or tomorrow.  And why is today so significant? 6th day of the 6th month in 2006.  662006?  I don’t get it.  People quietly ignore the big bloody 2 and a couple of zeroes.  Didn’t the zealots say this was happening 100 years ago on 6/6/1906?  And every hundred years before that?

Well if perchance that today is my last post, I hope you all find peace and happiness in Heaven and say hi to the Big Guy for me.  Knowing my luck my train to Heaven will be delayed and have to go all stations.

No comments: