Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ole! Ole! Ole!

Un-farking-believeable!  Down 0-1 with 6 minutes to go and we win 3-1 against Japan in the opening World Cup Game.

I have had no sleep, stayed at my mate Joe’s house after the game and had 3 hrs sleep… am battling a virus or something because my guts are churning and my head is aching but I am still ecstatic and am moving on pure adrenalin some 6 hrs since the game ended.

Am in the office early for a meeting, but doubt I will last the day due to a combo of being crook and a lack of sleep.

But what a game!  The Japanese goal at the half hour mark was a clear foul on Schwarzer but we did have most of possession and played a great game but we just couldn’t get the ball in… that was until all hell broke loose in 6-8 mins of glory.

Well done Australia!  We’re now in the box seat to qualify for the Round of 16.  Lets hope Croatia get pumped by Brazil and then we’ll be ahead on points and goal difference.

No comments: