Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pardon The Interruption

Apologies dear reader as the World Cup and my work schedule have thrown me out of the loop when it comes to posting.  Normal transmission will respond soon but the fact is I haven’t caught a train this week as I have been driving to work due to a combination of early starts and World Cup festivities.  I managed to get to bed at 10pm last night (very early by my standards) after getting home from work which involved a 12 hr day in the office (7am – 7pm) plus travel time.  I was up and in the car again at 6:30am this morning after being up since 2:30am in front of the soccer.  I do admit though that the France – Switzerland 0-0 draw sent me back to sleep, but I awoke at 5am again (on the lounge with a crick neck) to watch the BrazilCroatia game.  I only watched an hour of it on the account I had to leave for work, but I surprisingly feel fine.

My throat though is very hoarse but that is on account I am sure of my table and chair hopping scarf waving efforts the other night.  I (and the couple of hundred other punters at Wenty Leagues) really did shout and scream… never seen anything quite like it.  I lost my voice principally in 8 minutes.  For the bulk of the match, the mood was comparatively sombre so when the 3 goals came at the death, we all went collectively ballistic.

I would have to say the experience was greater than beating Uruguay in terms of “going nuts at a TV screen” and other than my wedding day and birth of my children, I am struggling to think of a day I was in a better mood.

Tonight is the State of Origin too and given the apparent victory that awaits NSW as the QLD team is shit house and the World Cup, I haven’t even given the game a second thought.  I was going to go out to watch it, but I think I will stay at home and watch it as filler before the 11pm soccer game tonight.

Work though eases off tomorrow with no early meetings, so I will probably have a bit of a lie in and then catch the train for the first time this week!  I will enjoy the shut-eye for an hour :-)

As an aside on other things, Kate is still off school with a virus that she’s now taking antibiotics for.  She seems to be on the improve, but slowly.  Work is having a night out on Friday night for drinks / dinner.  Been here 4yrs and we have yet to do this as a group… I get on well with people at work, but I hate mixing social things with work people – I like to relax and get away from work which means I cant relax with work people.  Odd.  I am thinking of not going, but you have that guilt that “you should make an appearance”… will see how I feel on Friday.

Also, on Saturday am playing blood bowl for no reason other than to be social with Pete “Tribalsinner”.  No comps, no pressure than to have a muck around game(s).  Not sure what team(s) I will play, as 2 of my 3 new teams are still only bit painted and the third is untouched.  Still I might give the skaven a run as a trial…

Oooh, better get back to work :-)

No comments: