Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend Wrap

It was my wedding anniversary this weekend and after two pretty shitty weekends previously, I decided to take off Friday and make it a three day weekend.  Friday was spent being very lazy and ginger whilst I recovered from not having gone to bed the night before for the soccer.  I did get home in time to take the girls to school and we spent a quiet day with lunch at one of the local cafes.  Friday night Niki was out at one of those parties where women gather and buy stuff (as if shops open until 9pm at least most nights of the week ain’t enough!) so the girls and I had pizza after dancing.

Saturday, our anniversary, was lunch with the girls at the Norman Lindsay cafĂ© at Faulconbridge.  Very nice food at a reasonable price.  We sat outside because it was sunny despite the cold weather but it did get a bit cloudy and we were pretty chilly, but a coffee for me, a hot chocolate for Niki and babychino’s for the girls kept us warm.

In the evening we had the place to ourselves whilst the girls went to their Nanny & Poppy’s and we went for a movie.  We saw the new Adam Sandler movie “Click”.  Now Adam Sandler is never going to win an Oscar, but his movies are generally pretty good (Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer etc) and for a light hearted laugh it was good.  I assumed that it would be a silly laugh fest, but the movie was quite different.  It was funny, but it had a strong moral to the story.  In all, a good picture which gets the Lime Kettle Cinematic “Thumbs Up”.

There have been some fairly ordinary movies out of late but I see Johnny Depp’s “Pirates of the Caribbean” is putting out a sequel… we’ll go see that I think.  Looked good.

Sunday was my nephew Scotty’s 20th birthday lunch at my brother and sister in law’s place at Springwood.  They have a great mountains house with a very scenic bush outlook and they always put on a good spread.  To put the whole weekend into perspective, Scotty was our page boy at our wedding 11 years ago and here he was turning 20.  Pretty weird … makes me feel old.

Tonight is more soccer with the Aussie game and I am hoping the roller coaster doesn’t end tonight.  I have a real good feeling in my bones that the Aussies can triumph.  It has been reported that Harry Kewell has a groin twinge and that will be bad news for us if he doesn’t play.  I am hoping this is all media gamesmanship as Nesta for the Italians is also reportedly out – their best defender.

I predict we’re in for a long night into extra time and penalties.  If so, I think we will win due to the pressure the Italians will be under.

Forza Australia!

No comments: