Monday, July 17, 2006

Normal Service Resumes

Well after driving in Thursday and Friday last week, I can happily say I am “back on the rails”.  Driving from Glenbrook to the City may be slightly quicker, but apart from the expense, I am against it because it is sooo bloody draining.  Concentrating on traffic, getting frustrated and worried if you will make it in on time just make the 20mins it saves not worth it.  I have felt crappy all week and I put it down to the number of kilometres I did last week.  On Monday I drove to Newcastle and then back via Tuggerah and then in and out of the city Thursday & Friday and on the weekend I did plenty of driving as well with 3 trips to Penrith and a drive to my mate Tommy’s on Saturday plus a drive to my mate Pete’s house on Sunday (didn’t drive home though, had a few too many beers hehe).

So, can’t believe I am saying this, but its good to be on a train!

This week is going to be a short one as well as I will be putting in for annual leave on Friday to host Kate’s birthday party.  We bought some roll up carpet flooring for the garage yesterday and we have culled a lot of the songs I downloaded out on the basis of being rude or plain out shit.  Means I need find another 20 or so songs by Friday… any suggestions of kid friendly pop let me know.  The good thing is because they are so young, they think all the oldie songs are “new” so Kate is really happy to get the Time Warp, the Bus Stop, the Nutbush and those sort of songs… hehe, they’re daggy and they don’t even know it!

Also this week, my first foray into PBeM gaming (that’s Play By eMail) started last night with a game of Diplomacy.  Basically one week to barter, deal and negotiate via email and then email your moves by 4pm Sunday.  I got drawn England which, if you know your Diplomacy, is a good country to have for newbies… which suits me down to a tee.

Also, got introduced by Tommy to the game “Carcassonne” and have already signed up to play it online.  Am not very good, but it’s a nice quick game which only takes 15mins on the PC vs the computer, but live on the table takes only about an hour.  I showed the online version to Niki last night and she seemed to think it was a good game to play (it’s a tile laying game in which you build roads, cities and farms for points in a domino style) so thanks for the tip Tommy, will probably pick up a boxed set.

 

No comments: