Thursday, July 13, 2006

Post From The Work Desk

Drove in today and had a dream run that took me from Glenbrook at 7:10am to my desk at 8:30am with a petrol stop in between… School holidays make such a difference to the roads and trains its amazing.  Perhaps we should look at setting school hours back 60mins to perhaps give more breathing room on the roads.

Speaking of breathing room, the government is looking to pump all the toxic Carbon-Monoxide fumes from the overloaded M5 East Tunnel out the ends of the tunnel and into the atmosphere.  Never mind the surface dwelling residents and / or businesses near here, they’re just gonna have to put up with it!

All the stuff about smoke stacks, state of the art exhaust and they say now “bugger it, just blow it out the front and back doors”…. nice one RTA / NSW Govt / whoever else was responsible.

Not that I use the M5 much, but it is always congested in terms of cars and pollution and is perhaps the most farcical tunnel in Australia if not the world.  I reckon a tunnel through the middle of the biggest third world city in the world wouldn’t be as polluted.

Today at work, I am meeting free and hope to get over the hill on some of my long running side projects that never get to be front of mind… I also have to knock off slightly early today as I have to pick up Kate from my Mum & Dad’s today… Mum is taking her shopping for her birthday and she’s really excited.  Kate has definitely moved beyond dolls and is now a clothes horse at the age of 7…

Also, will be driving in tomorrow as well as Niki and the girls will be coming in to join me for lunch which is nice.   They’ll have lunch and probably swim up the road at the Cook & Phillip Pool for a few hours until I knock off…

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clay, you should try riding a motorcycle thru that damn tunnel in peak hour.

-OB