Monday, July 10, 2006

What a long day...

Apologies for the lack of posting today, but today I was unable to be at
a computer until now and I have realised how addicted I am to email and
web... I had to travel up to Newcastle and the Central Coast today for
work (a 3hr drive in morning peak) and have only just gotten home.

To make it harder, I got up early for the World Cup Final and set my
alarm for 4:30am. I promptly got up when it went off and jumped in the
shower and went out to the loungeroom to turn the TV on to watch the
pre-match buildup and SBS was on an adbreak.

I started to brush my teeth and then I heard the commentators talking
about the 1-1 scoreline and what an enthralling match it had been!
WHAT!! The game was at half time! They had moved the kickoff from 5am
to 4am and I had missed half the game! Plus the goals! AAAAAGGGHHHH!

So much time dedicated to watching the damn World Cup and I miss half
the final... abandoning my teeth and shave, I sit down and watch the
rest of the match. And all I can say is what the fuck was Zidane
thinking? France were on top and looked the better side and after
Thierry Henry was subbed, Zidane has his career defining moment and is
sent off for headbutting.

Morale went to Italy and it showed in the shoot out and they didnt miss
on the way to 5-3 on penalties. Just quietly though, penalties is the
worst way to decide a match... play on for Golden Goal I say...

Anyway, will post again tomorrow from the train... and Hi to anyone from
Latvia reading this, I see from my Cluster Map I have had several hits
from Eastern Europe! How cool.

PS - this post has broken the world record for exclamation marks!

No comments: