Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fathers Day

Had yesterday off work and was able to enjoy a belated Fathers Day at home with the girls.  After being away for work and then for the wedding, I hadn’t seen the girls since Tuesday night.  We decided before I left that we would keep Kate home from school and Niki arranged to have a day off minding our nephew Will which she normally does on Monday’s and Tuesday’s.

So yesterday morning I got woken up by the girls who came with a stack of presents and cards – all of which were home made.  It was special because the girls had gone shopping for presents and were able to choose what they wanted to buy me.  The gifts were very thoughtful and you could tell they had put some thought into them.

Firstly Brookie got me a nice shirt for summer, which I need, and one of those travel coffee cups – sort of like a mini thermos that you can sip coffee from.  She said I like coffee and travel on the trains a long way so she thought it would be a good idea.  On the side it has printed on it “Worlds Greatest Dad” which is cute as well.

Kate’s presents, in a bag she had made at school, were one of those new Gillette 3 Blade Razors with the battery operated vibrating motor.  She had seen the ad on tele and had noticed that my old Excel razor was stuffed so she pointed it out to Niki on the tele one day and was adamant that was what she was going to buy me.  She also got me a desk clock with an old style alarm that I can use as I tend to get the shits with digital alarm clocks and use my mobile instead.  Again, this had on it “Worlds Greatest Dad”.

Niki also gave me a very snazzy new pair of Board Shorts which will be handy for summer and there were so many cards and pictures and the girls made me feel really special.

The day itself was very relaxed.  We went down to Penrith Lakes and the girls rode their bikes whilst we walked the dog and we just enjoyed the day out in the sun.  I was able to go home and watch the Saints game on replay on Foxtel and then we bummed around the house until it was time to take the girls to dancing.

All in all a very good day and was well needed after the travels of last week.

No comments: