Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Bear With A Sore Tooth

Mentioned yesterday that I had a 6 week wait to see a dentist re my wisdom tooth at the local Glenbrook dentist which I thought was pretty piss poor how can a small suburban dentist have such a back log of patients?  Well yesterday at around midday I rang the dentist I went to in the city about 4 years ago and I was blown away that they could see me in an hour!  The receptionist was fantastic, she basically diagnosed me over the phone and said I needed to come in and have it looked at.  So off I went and was shown straight in and was ushered into the chair.  I had gone from thinking how I would go for six weeks to being looked at immediately.  This was fantastic!

The bad news though is that my lower left wisdom tooth has come up on an angle and crashed into my back molar and the tooth has become stuck.  This has meant that there is pressure there but what is worse is that the gum hasn’t sealed cleanly and the pain I am feeling is an infected gum.  Solution course of antibiotics to get rid of the infection, an x-ray and that wisdom tooth will have to come out as well as potentially the others.  (Something about alignment and future issues).

The problem is he really got in amongst my infected gum and tooth yesterday with his surgical steel prodding stick (I am sure that’s the technical name) and he made the whole thing inflamed.  Nurofen every 4 hrs, and I have eaten a box already since Sunday.

The antibiotics he assured me will work their magic over the next day or so

No comments: