Monday, October 23, 2006

Bonfire of the Cricketers

Monday morning and a beautiful day today that despite not having the freezing temperatures of the weekend, is still a bit brisk but the blue skies make up for that.  At cricket on Saturday it was perhaps the coldest day I have ever played in and to make it worse we spent the whole day in the field.  It was that cold that the opposing team actually built a fire on the sidelines. We were playing at their ground and it was fairly scrubby outside one of the boundaries so they actually gathered fire wood and built it up and had a bonfire!  Normally on hot days well have more frequent drinks breaks but on Saturday it was the first time I have known cricketers wanting extra drinks breaks to come in from the cold and stand around a fire!  For the record, Norwest finished 9/253 but the field is a very small ground and there were plenty of sixes hit.  Hopefully we can chase that down next week.

With these massive temperature changes, its little wonder that my flu just cant be shaken.  My cough has moved from a dry cough into my chest and I am now coughing up lots of crap (hope youre enjoying your breakfast) but I take that to mean its on the way out.  The sinuses are still blocked but getting better but the real pain is that one of my wisdom teeth is coming through.  33 years old and I feel like a baby need Bonjella! LOL.  I am not sure if this is normal and the tooth will come through eventually or if I should go to the dentist.  It seems to me that a dentists first reaction is to pull wisdom teeth out and hell probably want to do the same to not just the one coming through but perhaps to all 3 dormant ones.

I have no understanding about wisdom teeth.  Are they normally supposed to come through and only some people have them out?  Are they redundant bodily parts and should be removed once they cause pain?  Or is some pain, whilst uncomfortable, just a normal part of getting wisdom?  For the D&D players out there is this a +2 bonus to your Wisdom Score??  Hehe.

Anyways, I am battling on, feeling like an old man with the flu and sore teeth now all I need are some crotchety old stories about back in my day and a surly disposition

No comments: