Friday, October 13, 2006

Lunch Post

Late lunch time posting today as I was determined to finish reading my current novel, Dan Browns Digital Fortress.  I haven’t read any other books of Dan Brown since I read the Da Vinci Code.  I really enjoyed the Da Vinci Code but thought I would be disappointed in the other books. This one though was enjoyable as it was easy to read and was a bit like one of Matthew Reillys action novels flowed very quickly, short sharp bursts basically read like a movie.

This is why I guess Mr Brown does get criticized because a lot of people say that he isn’t a “good writer” and that he is only on so many best seller lists because of the controversial material that was the Da Vinci Code.  But to hell with that, it’s a good story and was easy to read on a train!  That will do me

Also watched episode 4 of Jericho on TV last night.  Car crash TV at its finest and again I wasn’t disappointed.  I kid you not this is the dodgiest show I have seen.  Highlights include a 16yr old boy restocking a supermarket with food that was on a locked but crashed goods train 5 miles away with nothing but a push bike.  Yes, in episode 3 we saw him find the train abandoned on the tracks (where did the driver go?) and next we see him surprise the old supermarket lady with fully stocked shelves.  Surprise!

We see the TV for some reason replaying home video footage of the blast in Cincinnati.  Who filmed it?  How did the film survive a thermo nuclear blast?  How come its on continual 24hr loop on TV that is able to be picked up in Jericho and nothing else?  We see the heroes hand pump 600 gallons (is that close to litres?) of petrol into a steel (watch for sparks!) pesticide tanker and drive it across town to refill the generator *just* in time before the baby in the incubator dies.

They find a radiation sick man and accuse him of murdering Shep (who I cant recall) and kill him during the torture session nice one.  Then they cry when they find the mans family dead by a lake all from radiation boo hoo.

Crazy dumb show make sure you watch it.

No comments: