Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Work Would Be Move Productive If...

There was more work done.

Late finish last night with a work dinner on in which some of my departmental staff from interstate have come in for 2 days of presentations and training and therefore we had the obligatory dinner for them.  Trovata (sp?) in Stanley Street is a nice little Italian place and I thought the food was pretty good a little too much wine though and I have a bit of a fuzzy head this morning.

I am on the early 6:22am train this morning I am heading straight to a breakfast presentation with lawyers on Directors & Officers Insurance... so theyll put on a decent spread there then its lunch today with the same people I had dinner with last night and which I will give them a presentation through the early afternoon and following this, I have dinner with brokers and underwriters at the Coast restaurant at Cockle Bay.  And late home again via a taxi.

It just doesn’t seem to stop and I’d love to have a day in which you just turn up, don’t talk to anyone, do your thing at your desk and then go home.  Ever since I have come back from holidays I have been sitting in seemingly endless meetings in which a lot of talking gets done but not a lot of doing gets done

Maybe I should ask to hire a person to actually do the work that everyone keeps discussing but doesn’t get time to do it. Hehe.

No comments: