Thursday, December 07, 2006

bored...

Work is dead… every afternoon, the emails stop and nobody appears interested… we have well and truly hit the silly season.  Tomorrow I am going out for lunch at the Rugby Union Players Assoc Christmas party.  Given I am not a huge rugby fan, you could ask why?  Well the simple answer is that there’s free beer and food and going back to the office is not expected…

The office, and I mean the building, not just my floor, has been half empty as people toodle off for a luncheon “with a client” and never come back.  Next week will be no better as I have to leave early on Wednesday for the girls’ dance concert, Thursday I will be at the Sydney FC game courtesy of corporate largesse and on Friday we have our company’s Xmas Party… you know, the one in which I am going as a hobbit :-)

Heading off now… no post via the train tomorrow as I will be driving the Mazda 6 back to the dealership.  The car looks nice and is not a bad car, but I don’t know if it will be suitable as a family car. We’ll see, its all about the $’s.

No comments: