Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cars & Computers - Pre Xmas Hassles

Its getting close to the end of the year… I must admit Lime Kettles will probably take a bit of a hiatus when my leave commences (Dec 22 – Jan 15) as at the moment, I am without a home PC and once this week ends, I will have NO internet access until its replaced.  But I have made moves – a shop at Springwood can do me a nice customised tower plus will attempt to repair / restore the data on the old disk at a reasonable price.  Only issue is that they’re at Springwood and only open business hours… Looking at my calendar, I might hang back tomorrow morning and get there at 9am and try to do the deal then and there and head into work.  I will call them today.

Still no bloody movement on the car front – TODAY is the deadline for both Toyota and Mazda to come back with a price… I am not sure what the hold up is, but Mazda wanted a look at my Ford trade in today.  This has been going on for weeks and I thought it would be dead simple, but this “car broker” deal with Quality Auto Search has dragged on.  They’re still telling me though I will be in a new car by Friday though, but I find that hard to believe.

So in short, the week before Xmas is the worst time to try and get major home things done.  Everyone is going to parties and the like and focus on work is not there at all… reminds me of me!

No comments: