Friday, March 23, 2007

Night Before The Big Game

Well, I have rested ALL week... I am not 100%, but I believe the infectious part of Shingles has gone with the rash virtually gone.  For the grand final starting tomorrow, I will still be sore across the chest - Shingles leaves a lingering pain (a neuralgia) but my medication should see that stop soon - otherwise it can linger for 6-12 months! And I still feel weak in my left arm where the rash was as well... but at least the shooting pain down my arm (sort of like pins & needles on acid) has passed.

The odd thing that really hurts is driving... I drove to the shops tonight and came back sore as a bugger.  Maybe it was the seat belt, but hopefully I can wield a bat on the weekend.

There is NO thought however of pulling out of the GF.  Have batted at the opener position all year and am set on Sunday night to claim my teams batting awards with around 350-400 runs this season - by far my best ever.  Not sure if I want us to bat first in the morning or not.  Personally it might be OK to have a field and have an extra day to get the neuralgia to pass, but I dont think it will make that much difference anyways.  Its probably best to win the toss, bat and get myself out there first over of the match.

For those of you keen to come down, we're at Binalong Park Pendle Hill.  Play starts at 1:30pm... hope to see all Lime Kettle readers there!

No comments: