Thursday, May 17, 2007

On my angry pills...

General post today... covering plenty...

Firstly, I have had a bad run on the trains lately with people hogging the seat and / or falling asleep on me.  Every day this week, I get someone next to me who thinks that they have a god given right to both armrests.  When I sit in the aisle, I lean on the aisle armrest and leave a bit of space.  This week however, I have had different guys sit down, plonk both arms down (in one case, one guy forcibly shoved my elbow with his) and "stretch out".  The train trip then becomes uncomfortable as we both do the "the middle arm rest is mine" thing.

Then last night I got elbowed in the face... a guy sits down and proceeds to put his laptop bag on his lap and go for a rummage... no biggie until I (who was playing my PSP) copped his elbow on my forehead.  Do you really need to be so inconsiderate that you donk people in the head?  No real apology and he kept on rummaging elbows out like a farking chicken.

And this morning, I had what I call on the trains as "the Drifter".  The guy who dozes, leans, leans, leans and then just as he touches you jumps up with a start realising he's fallen asleep.  He then straightens and drifts off again until he once again leans, leans, leans and JUMPs.  Its a 10 minute cycle that annoys the shit out of me.  Is it rude to just whack people when they do this?

Aside from my trains... a few things I have thought about... The guy who got $1M for being bullied (read about it here).  Seriously.  Where are going as a community?  What parent allows there son to sit in a dark room and play PlayStation all day.  I was bullied at school... so where many others and you get over it.  Grow up mate, take responsibility.  The courts have now legitimised this kid as a "loser" who has "no prospects" for relationships or work... $1M?  They should just put him to sleep if thats really the case... Nobody is worth nothing.

Question:  Why did Kate Ceberano go from a winning contestant for Dancing with the Stars (remember, she's an entertainer and had some dancing ability already - I hardly recall any of her film clips being of her standing still) and then finds herself as a Celebrity Singer helping the Celebrity Non-Singers (she's with Daniel Kowalski who is the biggest gay swimmer since Ian Thorpe) on It Takes Two.  Umm... hello... new album?  Plug Plug Plug... its sad when TV turns into subliminal advertising... I wonder if Channel 7 gets a % of her sales?

The guy who made the Virginia Tech videogame... loser!  He should be given $1M as well.  Did anyone see him interviewed??  Now there's a guy who deserves some of "Coxies" money...

Ahhh... that feels better... rants off... you may now go about your business. :)


1 comment:

Arthur_Vandelay said...

Aside from my trains... a few things I have thought about... The guy who got $1M for being bullied (read about it here). Seriously. Where are going as a community? What parent allows there son to sit in a dark room and play PlayStation all day. I was bullied at school... so where many others and you get over it. Grow up mate, take responsibility. The courts have now legitimised this kid as a "loser" who has "no prospects" for relationships or work... $1M? They should just put him to sleep if thats really the case... Nobody is worth nothing.

Nope--have to disagree with you there. This $1M payout would never have happened if our society wasn't so complacent about bullying, and maybe it will force schools into action--or at least to take the matter more seriously.

Yes, we were all victims of bullying, but this kid has suffered years of abuse and now has severe psychiatric problems as a result. It's a bit late in the day to tell him to "grow up and take responsibility"--he's no longer capable of doing so. Hence the compensation.

I'm sure the boy and his mother would prefer instead that he be employable and able to form relationships, but, thanks to a system that failed to help him because of a "she'll be right" attitude to bullying, that's no longer an option.

Bottom line: bullying is a serious issue. We all have the right to an education, and nobody has the right to interfere with our learning.