Thursday, June 28, 2007

A new start...

Today I resigned from my job to take on a new role in North Sydney.  I have always been careful not to discuss work in this blog and I want to keep my personal thoughts separate from my work life.  Also, I did read an article the other day that recruitment firms now routinely "Google" their prospective hires and hence thats further reason for keeping things separate.

But in short, I received an offer a week ago, finally negotiated the final terms yesterday and then quickly this morning I saw my boss and gave my 4 weeks notice.  Fortunately he took it very well and whilst disappointed in terms of the disturbance it will cause at work, he is supportive of the move and wished me the best.  I in turn will spend the next 4 weeks "handing over" and I am happy to do so given the reaction this morning was a good one.

My last day here at "Old Job" is 26 July... my start date at "New Job" is TBA, but I am asking for a week off in between.

The new role is my bosses job at another organisation and is a great opportunity to step up, see a bit of the world, work in a different style company (I am moving from Property Development to Heavy Engineering) and of course there is an improvement in the pay...

So, all is good, depending how the next 4 weeks go, I may get a bit bizarre with my posts....

1 comment:

Chunky said...

Congrats on the new job Claymation dude.