Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Early Bird

Arrived at the office at 6:15am this morning...

Odd, that a man who is on his "4 week notice" would be in so early, but there was a good reason for it.  I took Mum & Dad to the airport this morning as they embark on a round the world business class ticket and are spending the next 6 weeks in Europe and then New York.

So, I awoke at 4am.  Showered and dressed and was in the car at 4:30 and got to mum & dads and then threw their luggage in and went to the airport did the quick drop off and then with minimal traffic I was in the building here at work a bit after 6.

So boring being in this early - and hence my posting :-)

I still feel very relieved about the change of job and I must say I am more relaxed than I have been probably in years.  I am sure that will change when I start at the new place! lol.

Anyways, must be off... I have to surf the internet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya lucky bugger ;)

I am also one of those types that dreams of the day of handing in a resignation. Sigh.

I had to battle the trains after 8 to get in to work today. As usual - late.

Even on school holidays they seem to run late? Gotta love shittyrail!

-DM

Chunky said...

Come to the country DM - I drove to work in two minutes this morning, parked in the carpark and strolled across the depot.

I hope your new job won't affect your blogging Clay.

Clay said...

The good news is that the blogging will continue... all i need is email for that to continue.

Not sure how they are re web access and of course I wont be doing anything silly particularly with a 4mth probation period.

And DM... I will still be on the trains... new job is in North Sydney.