Monday, August 06, 2007

New Job - Where's the Coffee...

I am posting from my new digs at the new workplace... the morning was spent getting over the usual new starter things.  The laptop assigned to me wasnt set up properly, didnt even have MS Office installed and I am still as at 1:45pm trying to get into the network drive.  Add in the access pass, finding the bathrooms, trying to remember names etc and I am in a bit of brain overload at the moment.
 
The work itself is not unusual and I havent seen anything out of the ordinary... but the hardest thing is getting the jargon and understanding all the new TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms).  I also forgot my glasses as well and am suffering a bit of eyestrain as my monitor is very close to my eyes - much more so than I was used to.
 
The people are all very nice and have been shown around and met the Chairman of the company as well... I'd like to say more about the work I do and the company, but I am very sure not to let on who I work for because I'd hate to have someone link my blog with my work life... I am sure you understand :)
 
The one thing I can say though is that I have moved from Sydney to North Sydney.  Went out at lunchtime and had a quick explore... I feel a bit like I am working in suburbia in comparison to being in town, but it still has alot of shops and everything is actually closer to hand than where I was previously.  North Sydney has an abundance of coffee shops, so I am sure to try them all out eventually!  Of course everyone I have met already has their own personal preference and they are all different... the one in the lobby of my building though was quite nice but not many people seem keen on it... mmm
 
The other new thing I have received this morning is a Blackberry phone.... I wonder how things will go with that?  I have heard horror stories about people being addicted to them, but I am keen to see how it goes... but now at least I *could* blog from it on the train and maybe even take photo's and blog about things I see... maybe it will be a whole new feature coming to Lime Kettles!
 

No comments: