Friday, November 23, 2007

The Time Is Nigh...

Well, tomorrow is polling day and I will be keen to get down to the local school, grab my sausage sandwich, barge past the pamphlet flingers without taking anything, walk in and have my say...
 
I think you all know who I am voting for...
 
But then the Senate... I may this year number all of the candidates... I must say I am not keen on the preferencial deals that are done and I want to have my say in who goes ahead of who... so I may take the time to work through the full list... can we have a punt on how long that piece of paper is?  I bet its close to 2 metres!!
 
Then after that, Saturday morning will be generally relaxing, I will go to cricket, but given my Queensland trip, I am not on the team sheet, so its a bit of a moral support and perhaps a field as a sub and then its a BBQ at home with the election coverage in the background.
 
I dont know why, I am normally not so keen, but I am really keen to catch a bit of the election coverage and watch Johnnies final speech live as opposed to the news feeds.
 
But what time will that be?  I think the election will be close, so I dont expect an early concession from either party... but I am putting it down that the concession will come at 11:30pm... some 3hrs after Perth closes its polls...

No comments: