Thursday, November 01, 2007

US$ Craziness

The Aussie dollar has hit US 93 cents... that, in my life time is unprecedented and given when I went to the US at one stage with the rate at 43 cents, I cannot fathom how this change has come on... the US cut interest rates last night whilst ours will probably go up next week so I anticipate this rate differential will see the Aussie dollar surge past the $1 mark and we will be stronger than the US currency.
 
And why do I propose this macro-economic theory on Foreign Exchange and how its influenced by the differentials in interest rates?  Is it because I am concerned about our budget surplus isnt working hard enough to pay off foreign debt?  Am I worried about the "Economic Tsunami" that Treasurer Peter Costello predicted last week?  Am I worried that the floundering US economy may propagate further military adventurism from the US as they seek to gain resources by force??
 
NO!
 
I am thinking of all the shit I can buy from the US at huge discounts!!  For me, next month, I expect to place large orders at www.us.gamesworkshop.com; www.amazon.com; www.thinkgeek.com; www.wizards.com; and of course I will be browsing www.ebay.com for bargains as well!!
 
Happy Days!
 
It is my birthday in early December,.... dont say I haven't directed you to somewhere appropriate for all your "Clay Gift Buying" needs :-)

No comments: