Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Knee Bone's Connected To The Leg Bone

Saw the doctor this morning due to my paining left knee

He had a bend and a flex and made my eyes water when he deliberately hit the sore spot and said that although hell send me for an MRI that I undoubtedly have a torn cartilage and that it will need to be corrected by an arthroscopic procedure

He also said however my right knee which isn’t sore is actually worse because the cartilage has worn through and I have a bit of bone on bone rubbing behind the knee cap. I am not sure what he wants to do about that, he has only ordered an MRI on the left knee but he spent most of the time talking about the issue in the right knee.

Glad to be getting things looked at and fixed, but I am not looking forward to the actual operation and the post-op physio.

Also, his consultation - $150, the MRI - $500+ his follow-up visit after MRI - $80. The surgery itself?  No idea

I have Private Health insurance, so hopefully I will get most of that back but I doubt it!

No comments: