Saturday, October 18, 2008

Congratulations Sachin Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar, perhaps the best batsman I have ever seen and rated by Don Bradman as also the best batsman he has ever seen yesterday became the highest scorer of runs in Test cricket and also is the first player to pass the 12,000 run mark.



Whilst I am a one eyed Australian, I think it is also pertinent to point out that Tendulkar is not only a great batsman and now has the statistics to say that he is the very best ever since Bradman, but he also is an exemplary person and promoter of the game and its values.

He is a great player and a great person and I will long remember the day I spent at the SCG just last summer watching Tendulkar hit a chance less 150 odd and seemed to do it so effortlessly.

Congratulations.

No comments: