Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jet Setting

Well I got back from Australia yesterday... for those readers who aren't already aware, Dad had a triple bypass and is as we speak sitting in the hospital recovering nicely.  All will be OK it seems and I left Sydney on Sunday night with him in good spirits.

I have now been in Dubai 24hrs and tonight we fly out for our vacation in France.  2 nights in Bordeaux, 4 nights in Paris and 3 nights at EuroDisney.  It will be a "busy but enjoyable" holiday and its one that I have been thinking about for about 10 years.  I went to Paris in 2001 on the back end of a business trip and I promised I would take Niki back there.  Initially I said it would be a great place for the 2 of us to go for our 10th wedding anniversary (which would have been 2005) but come 2005 we had two small children and it wasn't easy to go.

So now, after being here in Dubai for a bit over 18mths, we finally get to go and take the kids with us.  I am really looking forward to it as are Niki and the girls.

So, this blog will be "updateless" for the next 10-11 days or so but will put some pics up when we get back.

Au revoir!


No comments: