Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Driving - Day 2... Not again in the near future

Well, drove in today again. Had to get the family car in for a quick inspection. The steering column shudders violently when braking at highish speed (ie on the freeway). So off I set.



A massive pile up on the M4 results in me being held up ages and again, because I forgot to pack some CD's was stuck listening to B Team Breakfast radio. mmm, not real flash.



I finally get to my local (local to the office) Ford dealer where I explain the issue and he clearly agrees with my laymans assessment that the discs need remachining. Then comes the clinch "But we will check if there is enough meat on the discs for remachining otherwise we will need to replace the discs. We will call you if thats the case" I am now expecting this call without fail. Why? Because they know I am on a fleet deal and that they think because it will be effectively tax free for me, I won't give a damn about the cost... But you can't risk the issue because the safety of you and your family is at stake... I hate it when tradespeople get you over a barrel.



In other news, I won my Belltower League Blood Bowl match 4-0 last night and escaped unscathed in the process. Slowly climbing up the ladder...



And NSW should win the State of Origin league match tonight to tie the series 1-1. Go the St George contingent!

No comments: