Tuesday, June 14, 2005

No trains today - we're taking the Highway!

Here I am at my desk at a reasonable time, earlier than I normally am, so I am able to pen this little posting… I haven’t been able to vent my diatribe this morning on the train because I was driving in! I rarely do this but I did today because I am going out tonight and I will be doing it again tomorrow because my car needs its breaks repaired… Strange how my brakes are chronically bad, yet I will drive my vehicle 80kms to the Ford Service Centre in the city to get them fixed. There is something in that for all of us…

Traffic this morning was light because I suspect that a lot of people have extended their long weekend. We are never satisfied are we? Get a Monday off for free and most of us compulsively look to take another day off on top. I guess I am just dirty I didn’t think of it first.

I am a bit dirty too because ALL of the breakfast radio DJ crews took this week off as well. The only time I listen to breakfast radio is when I drive, so karma has it that they have all taken this week off when I need to do two drives in this week. Bah! The only exception to this is the lamers on 2Day FM who get 3 mins of talking in between 10 min slabs of adverts on either side… oh well, CD’s for me tomorrow.

Today the view my desk is exceptional and I think if I get the chance I will post a view from my office here on the 17th floor overlooking the harbour… but for now, its back to work!

No comments: