Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hey, its only 7 minutes! Relax....

Train is running late this morning… Only 7 minutes, so it’s ok.  State Rail will have you believe that this is acceptable and that it’s the best that they can do.  What I get annoyed about is that my train doesn’t arrive through multiple lines of track.  It comes straight down the mountain from Lithgow to Glenbrook.  There are a lot of stations, but surely after 30 years of trains in the mountains, they’d have a good idea of how long it takes to get from Lithgow to Glenbrook… And its not like I am complaining because it is late every once in a while.  No, its late every single day!  Only 7 minutes today, that’s “acceptable”.  Bullshit it is!

Still, could be worse, I could be driving every day and paying ridiculous petrol prices and sitting in traffic.

Which reminds me… I actually got home early enough yesterday to catch the Current Affair story on petrol and the 91, 95 and 98 Octane petrols and as to whether they are cost effective to run.  I use regular unleaded myself, because of price.  I understand that the higher octane fuels are cleaner and improve performance, but at 10% more of an already expensive bowser, I say bugger that.  The story pretty much had the same consensus that the high octanes are better, but at the current prices, they are not cost effective.  No shit Sherlock.

Train is very crowded this morning.  I guess the later it is, the more people wait on the platform.  Some bugger is saying “Geez, I turned up early for my train and caught the late running train before it!  Sweet!”  State Rail will probably now class this train as running early for that lucky guy.

I should tell you loyal readers that this week will be a short week for me as I am having Friday off.  Why?  Because I have been married 10 years this Friday and I think that constitutes a “day of rest”.  That’s two short weeks in a row and I must say, the work is building up on my desk as a result.  But still, 10 years of marriage is a good reason to have the day off J

The couple in front of me are having a fight… Brilliant.  She is saying something was in his bag.  He is denying it.  Shaking of heads.  Lots of glares.  He’s now laughing it off.  She is pissed.  He leans in to kiss her on the cheek.  She pushes him away.  “Come on baby, don’t worry about it”.  She ignores him.  LOL!  I wonder that they are being published on the internet.

I guess if the train wasn’t late, tensions wouldn’t be high… perhaps I can say that State Rail caused a marriage break up?  You could sue them for damages.  Strange thought.  I bet if we were in the USA, this would be a plausible case.

Photos of the paintball did come through yesterday.  I tried to publish them via work, but the firewall seems to be blocking the FTP client from working.  I use Hello from Picasa to publish photos, but at work it doesn’t seem to work.  I don’t know why.  I will publish a picture from home soon enough.

On the gaming front, I have to play my next Belltower League game soon.  I am not doing too well in that comp despite my 4-0 win last week.  Also, I got absolutely canned in fumbbl last night by my good fumbbl mate Twahn in the WWB League.  Dice raped is a term us gamers use when the luck of the dice turns south.  That is an apt description.  The good news though was that dates are being prepared for my next D&D game.  We haven’t played for a while because one of the guys (Tommy) had twins (well his wife did) and his parents from the US came over to see them…  As a result, D&D has taken a forced hiatus.  1 July is the day being mooted.

 

 

 

 

No comments: