Monday, June 20, 2005

Oh the Pain!

Paintball on Saturday was a great day out.  I think it is a fantastic sport and is very very demanding.  The amount of crawling, crouching and sliding you do plus the physical impact of getting hit alongside all the pumped up adrenaline that makes you feel like John Rambo means that whilst the day itself is fine, you certainly pay for it over the next few days.

I spent Sunday watching sport on TV as I was too sore to do anything else.  The lawn remained unmown, the autumn leaves keep swirling and the kids played by themselves as good old Dad watched TV and snoozed.  What an athlete! J

Today I am not as sore, but its still there – my shoulder aches from being hit, my legs scream when I walk down the steps and my lower back hurts because I am sitting.

But I am not complaining as it was a fantastic day and great fun.  I am very keen to go again and already have my neighbour interested.  I will probably let the bruises heal and then will do a call out to friends to get a decent group going.  You need about 24-30 people to ensure you are not merged with another group (as we were on Saturday as there were only 11 of us) so I reckon with enough notice, I could get that many together.

There are some photos about as one of the girls from work had a camera, so I will post them up when I get them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the photos claybo ;)

Chunky said...

Maybe we should try and get an swl paintball happening?

Clay said...

I will be organising a day out at the Paintball. I will invite all the people in my sphere of influence and that includes the SWL'ers out there.

Bruising is going done. Knees are not screaming so much... So it wont be long!